24 April 2022

The print I'm most satisfied with so far

Have you ever stood in a supermarket checking your phone and trying to push a shopping cart at the same time?  It's impossible right (think info commercial)?

So I decided to do something about that. I made a holder for my smartphone. Again, there are a lots of different solutions out there but I want to make it solely with my printer and not add anything else.

I've already have the next version worked out in my mind but I have to attach some accessories like springs or other stuff so that version have to wait.

Before I could start I had to get som measurement from my by choice favourite supermarkets trolleys. However the handlebar on the trolley differed in size about 0.4 mm, therefore I had to think a little further from my original design.

My first design did work as in it was no problem to snap it on the the handlebar, although since the handlebar differed in size my holder did only sit tight on certain places on the handle bar, and we can't have it like that can we?




So, back to the drawing board. I tried out different designs in my head and finally decided for the one below. It's not the best solution, but for now it works really fine. It take some extra seconds to get it to sit tight due to the screw and the nut, but I don't care as long as it works.





How does it work? Well since it just around 0.4 mm we have to deal with we don't need especially much torque to press the holder grip around the handlebar.

 

Side note, making threads with a 3D printer it's not easy. I use the Fasteners Workbench from Shaise but it's still a struggle.
 
Now it holds a smartphone with these max measurements:
Depth: 11 mm
Width: 81 mm

The holder only works on "standard" trolleys, but I will make a more versatile holder in the future. I have a lot of other prints to attend to first.

Printing stats


Holder:



 

Screw:




Nut:


No comments:

Post a Comment