21 April 2022

My second print

 My second print was also something useful and a attachment to the printer. The material, called "filament" goes from the top of the printer down to the "extruder" (the thing that feeds the filament).

My printer has no support for the filament so the angle gets really sharp next to the extruder, and that sharp angle can result in filament snap and breaks. It happened to me once so far (fingers crossed). So I decided to do something about it.

There is a lot of solutions for this but I wanted to do something simple on my own. So I constructed a support for the filament. It took four designs before I was satisfied. The picture below shows the design process, you learn a lot when you construct and design a products.

I don't understand why I did the first designs so massive?

 

The final design.

                                



The support with filament roll in action.

 The support with extruder in action.

 

My solution works quite well and I haven't had any more filament snapping. Sure, there are more fancy solutions but i like to keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment